Breast Lift Surgery :
Medically known as Mastopexy, breast lift is a cosmetic surgery procedure performed for improving the shape and size of breasts. The surgical procedure addresses uneven and sagged breasts, drooping nipples and decreased breast volume and stretched areola for creating a youthful appearance and lift to your breasts. If there is too much or too little breast volume then a breast reduction or breast augmentation surgery be performed along with a breast lift. Each passing year, thousands of women undergo breast lift surgery successfully and are satisfied and pleased with the results.
When can you consider breast lift surgery?
You can consider undergoing breast lift surgery in the following conditions:
- If the tissues surrounding your areola or nipples has stretched
- If cosmetic surgeon recommends that breast implants procedure would alone not help in achieving the contour you desire
- If you think that heredity, pregnancy, weight gain, nursing, normal ageing and gravity have affected your breasts leaving them sagged
Benefits related to the breast lift surgery
- Your breasts would appear more youthful.
- You will notice improved breast symmetry, projection and shape.
- You can wear fit clothes of your choice.
- You will experience boost in your self-confidence.
Who is the right candidate for breast lift surgery?
You might be the right candidate for breast lift surgery if:
- You have enlarged areolas and stretched skin.
- You are in general good health and will maintain stable weight in future.
- One breast is lower in comparison to the other.
- You do not smoke.
- When your nipples are not supported,they fall below the breast crease.
- Your areolas and nipples point downward.
- Your breasts have an elongated or flatter shape or are pendulous.
- You often get bothered by the feeling that your breasts have lost volume and shape and your breasts sag.
Breast lift surgery is a highly individualized cosmetic surgery procedure. Hence, make sure that you decide to undergo it after thinking carefully. Do it for yourself not because others want you to do so.
How the surgery is performed?
It is performed under intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Different methods of reshaping the breast and removing breast skin determine the area where incisions would be made. The cosmetic surgeon would recommend the best breast lift technique on the basis of your areola position and size, degree of breast sagging, breast shape and size, skin elasticity and quality and how much additional skin you have. The entire procedure would last for three to four hours. Adhere to the instructions given by the surgeon for quick recovery.