Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery
Medically known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery is performed for improving the appearance of the lower eyelids and upper eyelids, or both. The results of this surgery are outstanding as area surrounding your eyes looks rejuvenated making you look relaxed and young. In addition, it also removes excess deposits of skin, fat and muscles from lower and upper eyelids resulting in a more youthful appearance while enhancing the contour. Eyelid surgery can be categorized into upper eyelid surgery and lower eyelid surgery.
When can you consider this surgical procedure?
- If you think that your lower and upper eyelids appear puffy giving your eye aged and tired look
- If you have excess and hanging skin which covers the natural fold of the upper eyelids
- If there are deep groves under your eyes
- If loose skin is hanging down from the upper eyelids over your eyelashes
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
- Once the surgery is done; you will not experience vision problems which are related overhanging of eyelids.
- You will get rid of the problem of the bags and puffiness under the lower eyes and the hooded skin on the upper lids giving you a much healthier and younger appearance.
- Any scars consequential to eyelift surgery would be hidden in your natural eyelid creases, making them indiscernible.
Who is the ideal candidate for blepharoplasty?
Listed below are some conditions under which you might be recommended or would prefer undergoing eyelid surgery
- Upper eyes appear puffy which makes your eyes appear sad and tired.
- You have excess deposits of skin obscuring the natural fold of your upper eyelids.
- Your upper eye surface is extremely small or not smooth making it almost impossible to apply makeup.
- Your upper eye skin is loose which impairs the vision.
- You have dark circles and bags under your eyes.
- You have deposits of excess skin and fine, ‘crepe paper’ similar wrinkles on lower eyelids.
Candidates, who are in good health, have realistic expectations and positive attitude of the procedure can undergo this surgery. A board certified cosmetic surgeon would help you in choosing the right procedure or combination of procedures on the basis of your aesthetic concerns and physical characteristics. Make sure that you discuss all your concerns and doubts with the cosmetic surgeon before making any decision regarding the surgery.
Eyelid Surgery Result
Eyelid Surgery FAQs
What is Eyelid surgery?
This surgery corrects the functional problems on lower as well as upper eyelids to improve the appearance of the area surrounding your eyes. Loose or sagging skin adversely affects the eyelid’s natural contour and this problem can be addressed with this procedure.
How is Eyelid surgery performed?
Unwanted tissue is removed through the incision made on the eyelids and in order to solve the issue of puffiness, redistribution of fat is done as well. Then, the surgeon performs the smoothing and reconfiguring process of the eyebrows and lids to offer an enhanced appearance.
What is the recovery process?
Patients can return to their normal activities after 10 days and the instructions of the surgeon must be followed with utmost discipline.
What is the duration of the procedure?
The duration of the procedure is between 1 and 3 hours based on the extent of repair and the technique employed.
What are the risks associated with Eyelid surgery?
You may experience redness, dryness and swelling on the incision areas and it can be solved by the ointment recommended by the surgeon. Other possible risks include poor response to anesthesia, infection and allergic reactions.
Are the results permanent one?
You can expect permanent results with this procedure and it is always advisable to maintain a cordial relationship with your surgeon.
What is the cost of an eyelid surgery?
The costs of an eyelid surgery depends on your age, skin type, and overall health conditions.
Are you a right candidate for an eyelid surgery?
If you are having wrinkles, fine lines, excess fat, and sagging skin, then an eyelid surgery is a perfect choice for improving your skin conditions effectively