Medically known as rhytidectomy, facelift is one of the most preferred and commonly performed cosmetic procedures. For those who have wrinkles and sagging facial skin due to the ageing process can consider undergoing this procedure. When it comes to the face lift surgery, it varies from extensive sophisticated procedure to minimally invasive lunchtime lifts. It aims at removing excess skin, tightening underlying muscles and tissues and re-draping skin on the neck and the face. It is performed for correcting a double chin, mid-face sagging, jowls and marionette lines. It has maintained its reputation as the ‘gold standard’ for facial rejuvenation. Those who have undergone this procedure are pleased with the result.
Advantages of facelift surgery
- It can help in re-contouring the jawline and neck better than any other surgical procedure.
- The results of this surgery can last for ten years or more making you appear years younger to your present age.
- It can improve different parts of the face in just a one surgery.
When is the right time to consider rhyidectomy?
- If your skin has started signs of ageing however, you can feel skin elasticity.
- If you start noticing that your face no longer reflects energy level and youthful appearance.
- One day when you look into the mirror and realize that the sun exposure, heredity, gravity and time have taken a toll on your facial skin and you look more aged than your actual age.
- If you find out that your face is sagging and excess skin is a career or social obstacle.
Who is the right candidate for this procedure?
- Listed below are some facial characteristics which make you the right candidate for a facelift surgical procedure.
- If you have a double chin consequential to excess fatty deposits and loose skin under the jaw and chin.
- Sagging skin in your jawline or mid-face.
- Loss of muscle tone and sagging in the lower face causing jowls.
- Deep creases which extend from nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Sagging skin or creases in your neck.
- Facial volume (fat) that is displaced or has fallen.
Those who have overall good health, have realistic expectations and positive attitude are considered the ideal candidate for a facelift surgery. It can be performed either alone or as a combination of different procedures such as brow lift, eyelid surgery, cheek augmentation or chin augmentation, to name a few.
Face Lift Surgery Result
Face Lift Surgery FAQ
Who is a good candidate for face lift surgery?
Ideal face lift candidates are those who are seeking improvement for sagging facial and neck skin. They should be physically and psychologically healthy, desiring improvement rather than perfection, and aware of the potential risks and complications associated with facelift surgery.
Am I too young (or old) for a face lift?
Most patients who seek a facelift are about 40 years old. However, if a patient has substantial loose skin of the face and/or neck at a younger age, they can undergo this procedure. Unfortunately, if a patient’s skin elasticity has diminished too much during the aging process, he or she may not qualify as an ideal face lift candidate.
How long will face lift results last?
The results of facelift surgery are long-lasting; however, the natural aging process may cause the skin to sag once again.
Will it be obvious that I’ve had a face lift?
If a face lift is performed correctly, there should be no surgical signs. The goal is to help the patient look more youthful and rested, without creating a face that appears too “tight.”
What types of face lift surgeries are available? Are there other alternative procedures?
The types of face lift surgery available include the traditional face lift, mini face lift/mid face lift, thread face lift, and the endoscopic facelift.
Is face lift surgery painful?
Although this procedure is extensive, there is usually very little pain associated with face lift surgery.
Can I be awake during face lift surgery?
If you and your doctor prefer to use a local anesthetic, as opposed to general anesthesia, you can be awake during the procedure. If this is the case, you will not feel any pain and be relaxed while the surgery is taking place.
Will face lift surgery eliminate all of my facial wrinkles?
No, facelift surgery is designed to target the lower portion of the face, along with the next. Wrinkles of the forehead and around the eyes will require procedures such as eyelid surgery, brow lift surgery, and/or