Lower Body Lift
Medically known as belt lipectomy, lower body lift is one of the most commonly performed procedures. Natural ageing, weight fluctuation and massive weight loss often leads to sagging of skin below the area of waistline. This is when a lower body lift can help you get desired shape and size. The surgical procedure tightens and sculpts the outer thighs, abdomen, back of the thighs, hips, buttocks and inner thighs. Loose skin which causes mobility restrictions and looks aesthetically displeasing is removed during the procedure. It is the right procedure for you if you are close to your actual body weight and may follow or precede an upper body lift procedure. Thousands of people undergo this procedure every year are pleased with the outcomes.
When can you consider lower body lift procedure?
- If you are distressed because of the presence of sagging skin in your lower body part.
- If you have relatively thin layers of fat beneath the skin in the buttocks, hip, abdomen and thigh areas.
- If you have had massive weight loss due to either dieting or bariatric surgery.
- If overhanging of skin in lower part of your body causes painful chafing or restricts mobility.
Benefits of the procedure
- You will experience boost in self-confidence which is consequential to the improved self-esteem.
- Loose skin from the affected area would be removed and contour sculpted. This will help you see the results of your weight reduction.
- You will be able to get rid of skin that might be causing rashes, infections and painful chafing.
Candidate for a lower body lift surgery
After you have undergone knife for bariatric surgery or struggled to achieve weight close to your body structure, you might still fee distressed by your appearance in case you have deposits of fat along the lower abdomen, wrinkles and loose skin along the buttocks and thighs and relaxed abdominal wall muscles. This is where a lower body lift surgery can come to your rescue. You can opt for this surgery if
- Aging or pregnancy has left you with cellulite and loose skin beneath waistline.
- You have ptosis (sagging), significant skin laxity and excess skin deposits on the buttocks and abdominal area.
- You have deposits ofloose skin on the fronts and sides of your thighs, hips and abdomen and inner thighs.
- You are in general good health, emotionally stable, and have positive attitude and realistic expectations of the surgery.