Male Breast Reduction “Gynecomastia Surgery”
There are some men who develop heavy breasts. Having enlarged breasts can be embarrassing for any men. If you are suffering from one then there is no need for you to worry at all as male Breast reduction surgery can help you get desired look and appearance.
Presence of excessive amount of breast tissue in men can lead to a condition of enlarged breasts. In fact, in some cases, male breasts are similar to woman’s C cup in size. It happens because of hormonal imbalance. However, no abnormality is detected on either clinical examination or blood investigations/tests.Irrespective of the known cause, it brings embarrassment to men affecting their self-confidence and self-esteem. Neither exercise nor diet could make much needed change to this physical condition of yours. This is when you can choose to undergo gynecomastia surgery. In this surgery, excessive amount of tissues are removed restoring a normal appearance permanently.
Here are a few points that will make male breast reduction treatment clear to you.
- Cosmetic surgeon will make a small incision around the lower half of the nipple and remove excessive tissue deposits.
- It is performed under local anaesthesia and is a day case procedure.
- It takes around two to three hours to complete gynecomastia surgery.
Bi goodbye to heavy and enlarged breasts!
Over the last few years, gynecomastia surgery has gained immense popularity among men who have enlarged or heavy breasts similar to women. Gynecomastia comes from the Greek Word which stands for ‘women like breasts’. The condition occurs because of abnormal increase in glandular tissue.
What are the advantages associated with this surgery?
- Tightens enlarged or heavy skin consequential to enlarged aureola
- Enhances your level of physical activity
- Increase in self-confidence and self-esteem
- Reduces discomfort as well as pain which occurs because of excessive weight on shoulders, neck and back
- Chest appears more better, firmer and flatter
- There is renewed self-confidence in your looks and appearance
- Ability to choose from wider range of clothes
- Feel less self-conscious and more in proportion
After surgery, you have to wear lycra or elastic garment for a few weeks. Medicines will be prescribed to reduce swelling as well as discomfort. The bandage will help chest in maintain the shape.
At Cosmetic Surgery Clinic India, we make sure that each of our patients gets complete care. Male breast reduction surgery is performed by experienced cosmetic surgeon ensuring excellent results.
Gynecomastia surgery is performed with an objective to reduce the breast size of men who have overly large sized breasts. It is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures. Cutting out excess glandular tissues, liposuction or combination of excision and liposuction are the reduction techniques. Make sure that you choose board-certified cosmetic surgeon so that the entire surgery is performed correctly, effectively and safely.
When you should consider undergoing male breast reduction surgery
- If you wish to boost your social confidence
- If you feel reluctant to remove shirt while swimming, participating in sports or exercising at a gym
- If you feel and experience psychological discomfort which is related with overly large sized breasts
- If you wish to enhance your body proportions
Advantages related with the procedure
- You will be able to gain more self-confidence
- You will feel comfortable while revealing your chest contours, unclothed or clothed
- You will get permanent and effective results
Who is the right candidate for male breast reduction surgery?
Gynecomastia is not consequential to serious medical issues. As a matter of fact, its cause is rarely identified by the doctor. However, given that there are some medical issues which can cause gynecomastia, the first step is to seek the advice of family doctor.
The following are some of the most common reasons to consider undergoing the male breast reduction surgery:
- When you experience physical discomfort because of your overly large sized breasts
- You have already tried exercise and diet to reduce the size of your breast
- You are not happy with the appearance or size of your breasts
- You have ideal body weight. Make sure that you are able to reach within thirty forty pounds of body weight before the surgery.
- Your skin elasticity is good. For the surgery to be successful, your skin should be elastic as after surgery skin contracts. There is very possibility that your skin might not be having good skin elasticity if you are more than fifty years of age, have breasts with stretch marks, have sun damage or have undergone gastric bypass surgery previously.
- You do not drink, smoke or take alcohol.
Cosmetic surgeon would consider you as a good candidate for the male breast reduction surgery if you have a positive attitude, realistic expectations and overall good health. Make sure that you adhere to the instructions given by your doctor for fast recovery.
Male Chest Reduction “Gynecomastia Surgery” Result
What is Gynecomastia treatment?
Gynecomastia refers to a condition of enlarged or overdeveloped breasts in males. This condition may develop at any age and it can be the aftereffect of obesity, hormonal changes, use of specific drugs or heredity. This problem can be addressed with the help of gynecomastia surgery.
How is gynecomastia performed?
First of all, general anesthesia or intravenous sedation is given and then, the surgeon performs the liposuction procedure to remove the excess fat, tissue and skin from the breast. If this procedure solves the issue, the surgeon closes the incision. Otherwise, excision technique is used to remove glandular breast tissue or reduce areola or reposition nipple.
What is the recovery process?
The recovery time primarily depends on severity of the condition and the nature of procedure performed. Under normal circumstances, you can be back to work after a week.
What is the duration of the procedure?
It takes 2 to 3 hours to complete this procedure and the exact duration depends on the amount of correction or reduction needed.
What are the risks associated with Gynecomastia surgery?
The common risk factors include anesthesia risks, infection, pain, blood clots, poor symmetry and poor wound healing. These problems can be addressed by the medications advocated by the surgeon.
Are the results a permanent one?
This surgical procedure offers pretty long lasting results for most patients and several of them enjoy permanent results.
What are the things to avoid before the procedure?
Your surgeon will give clear cut instructions about the things to avoid and if you want to enjoy the best results, you need to follow their advice very carefully.