Thigh Lift Surgery
Medically known as thighplasty, thigh lift is a cosmetic surgery procedure which has helped many people to resume better appearance and shape of thighs. The procedure aims at removing excess fat and skin deposits from either the outer or inner thighs. This surgery is often recommended and needed after bariatric or significant weight loss or among people who have tried every possible way to get rid of fat deposits through exercise and diet. The cosmetic surgeon might use liposuction as an adjunct for re-contouring the inner thighs. It is just the right procedure for those who are committed to maintain a moderate weight and healthy lifestyle. The results of this procedure are pleasing as they help you regain youthful thigh contours.
When can you consider undergoing thigh lift surgery?
Here are the following when can you considering opting for this surgery:
- If you are distressed and worried about flabby and loose skin on your thighs.
- If you wish to have your thighs to have more firmer feel and look, more better and proportional contour
- If you find it difficult to fit into clothes due to heavy thighs.
- If you have undergone massive or bariatric surgery.
Benefits of thighplasty
The results of this surgery are outstanding:
- Your body would appear more proportional and shapely.
- Swimwear and clothing will fit much better.
- Thighs would appear more youthful and firmer along with a curvaceous look and appearance.
Who is the right candidate for this surgery?
- People who have succeeded in a weight reduction program and you now wish to have shapely thighs that reflect more toned and proportional figure.
- The effects of natural process of ageing have led to loose skin, cellulite and sagging on thighs.
- Excess deposit of fat and skin on thighs make you feel self-conscious and you wish to restore self-assurance for your own body.
- Because of heavy thighs, clothes do not fit aptly.
Candidates, who are in overall good health, have realistic expectations and a positive attitude can undergo this surgery. There are two types of thigh lift procedures – medial thigh lift and lateral thigh lift. Your cosmetic surgeon would recommend the procedure after performing a physical examination and some other tests. Also, you might be advised to undergo combination procedure of medial or lateral thigh lift and lower body lift.
Thigh Lift Surgery Result
Thigh Lift Surgery FAQ
How to eliminate excess skin and fat from thighs?
Following a good exercise regime and a well thought out diet plan offer good results. However, you have to be patient and wait for a long period of time to get some good results.
What is Thigh Lift?
Thighs often accumulate a lot of fat and several people are desperately making efforts to eliminate the fat and sagging skin from the thighs. Great stubbornness can be linked with some of these fat pockets and you need to undergo Thigh Lift to eliminate these diet and exercise resistant fat pockets.
How is Thigh Lift performed?
General anesthesia is given before the commencement of the procedure. Then, the surgeon makes incisions on the groin area to eliminate excess skin and fat from the thighs. As a part of this surgery, re-contouring process is also done. You can achieve well shaped and good looking thighs with the help of this procedure.
What is the recovery process?
Your surgeon is the best person to tell about the exact period of recovery and he/she will suggest the most suitable time for going back to the normal schedule. The recovery period differs from person to person.
What is the duration of the procedure?
Under normal circumstances, the duration of this surgery stands in between 3 and 4 hours. The exact duration is decided on basis of the exact amount of re-contouring to be done.
What can I expect after the procedure?
Some people may experience minor discomforts for a few days, but they will disappear within one or two days.
What are the risks associated with Thigh Lift?
The most common risk factors are infection, allergic reactions, bleeding, sensation changes and poor response to anesthesia and these issues can be dealt with the medications advised by the surgeon.
Are the results a permanent one?
Thigh Lift always offers high quality results and they will always be long lasting as well.